Saturday, December 4, 2010

Rebel without a Cause!

I'm thinking of changing the name of my blog to that, but....I don't totally agree...I have a cause, people just aren't always down,they don't always get it and I have too many causes to choose one!

Secondly, me rebelling is a marker on my journey towards adulthood, so it fits right in with my "theme".

This can't be a long post, b/c I've got work to do and I have spent a particularly long time stewing and sharing my thoughts on one particular cause, well processes of a cause: awareness raising!

I particularly HATE that people automatically assume that you totally disagree with them without attempting to LISTEN to what you are saying. At the end of most arguments, I find that had I (or the other party) listened to one another we would see that there are more similarities than differences between us.

That's what we need to raise awareness about: listening as an EFFECTIVE tool for change.


DUH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment