Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dead the Chivalry

I hear on read many women complaining that chivalry is dead, I am not a part of that camp. Can we be rid of this chivalry stuff...at least the cliche acts, that are more annoying than endearing.

Opening the Door

I'm always cold. Always. Because I'm always cold, I'm pretty sure that I'm walking really fast. Walking really fast so I can make it to the door of the building that has heat. Because I'm always cold. Chances are you're not. And there's an even greater chance that because I'm always cold, and walking really fast, I'm walking ahead of you, which means I'll make it to the door of the building first. What the heck does my cold self look like waiting for you to catch up to me to open the door of the warm building to make yourself feel like a man? I can handle it *opens door*




One of the only times I really need your (men) assistance in opening the door for me is if the door is way too heavy for me to open myself. In that case, please keep up with me, remember I'm always cold. Reason number two that I need you to open the door: when my hands are too full to open it myself. You know how much we women hate to make multiple trips to the car. So instead of carrying what we can, we try to carry what is probably equal to our body weight and risk the contents spilling over and rolling down the street - which is still deemed better than making multiple trips to the car. Tis' when we need you to open the door, because in the event that I was so skillful to get 3 bags of groceries, 1 box of shoes, and our bag of fast food dinner from the car without a hitch, the least you can do is open the door. Better yet, why didn't you come to the car and grab all the stupid bags for me? *insert wanted chivalrous acts*

Opening the Car Door

Speaking of cars. For the same reasons I find it inconvenient to have building doors opened for me are the same ones I loathe car doors being opened for me, plus some. Same scenario: I'm cold. Walking fast. I can handle it. What make it worse with the car doors is that we generally are all walking around with keypads hanging from our car-key chains. If you just don't boo-boop that damn thing and let me in the car! Better yet, if you really loved me and cared about my comfort you would get a remote start and ensure that by the time I make it to the car its already warm!

Furthermore, I simply find it awkward for a man (or person in general) to open the door for me. I am not graceful enough to dance that dance! My head gets knocked on the extended elbows, I don't step out gracefully enough. Just leave me be and let me two-step myself out of the car.

Jackets Over Mud Puddles 

No one does this, but if the did this is why I would HATE this above all:

Who is supposed to wash that muddy ass jacket? Me. So if you would have simply walked out to the car ahead of me (because you don't have a remote start), warmed it up (because I'm cold), and pulled it up to the building,you could have walked through the puddle alone and only had to worry about your muddy shoes. PROBLEM  SOLVED!

1 comments:

Moni Brown said...

I like the "idea" of chivalry. 90% of the time its unecessary, and a little more inconvenient, but the thought of it is nice. The whole opening the door thing is simply common courtesy lol and I'll be damned if I carry ALL the bags (whether they're all the results of my shopping addiction, or not) if he is in the house, common courtesy says "get that ass out here n help. Overall, I don't think Chivalry makes a man a man. A REAL man don't have to get his jacket muddy, or run ahead of me to open doors. A Real man would walk fast with me, boop boop the car door open, get the automatic starter, and buy me new shoes after I walk n the mud :-) hehehehe

Post a Comment