Friday, July 8, 2011

Shelf (4/2010)

(Opened an  old notebook of mine, with intention to write something new and happened upon this. Though not my best work, it's "nice" to see where I was to see how far I've come. I went straight to Facebook to post it, then realized THIS should be the place where these go...)

I made room on my shelf for you
I threw my caution to the wind
and trusted this relationship to fly
I hung my dreamcatcher
not knowing that dreams aren't endorsed by cries
I packed up my past
and removed it from teh shelf
Closing the lids to previous wounds
flesh from someone else
I made room on my shelf for you
I folded my dreams and tucked them neatly away
For your dreams were the priority, placed on display
I starched and pressed old things like gifts
For you they were new and helped you to persist
My shelf was never bare, but I made room you see
I reorganized and consolidated for a different me
I zipped tightly bags whose contents weren't ready to show
Had I revealed them too early
There'd be no room to grow
I made room on my shelf for you when really it was full
No room for love's games or time to be a fool

0 comments:

Post a Comment